Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

"Amp off" in Nebulosity with Atik460?

Jessun

Hello!

I'm just bolting together a host of gadgets for a first light this night. An Atik460, an OAG (a first for me) , filter wheel (another unknown) and all little spacers etc...

I know the camera comes with Artemis, but for familiarity I'd like to use Nebulosity to start with. The advanced camera settings for 'Atik universal' comes up with the dialogue box below.

It has a 'Amp off' box, ticked by default. Does anyone know what this is? Best left on or off?

I have found nothing in the help docs from Atik or Mr Stark.

/Jesper

post-16323-0-99242100-1378146738_thumb.j

Let me check - basically that calls the SDK API .. so back in a sec :)

Back :)

Best left "off". It will switch off the amplifier separately form the process of reading the CCD. It's been in the SDK since the old days.

Usually used for fast frame rates well below a second when the amp needs to remain on because the start up time is longer than the time between exposures (including read time).

• 2 years later...
On 02/09/2013 at 22:48, ollypenrice said:

Screen stretch in Nebulosity... see nothing. Fiddle for ten minutes, see a bit! Screen stretch in Artemis, see your target...

:evil: lly

Found this thread when reminding myself what the "amp off" setting is for.

That's not right Olly, you can drag the white point slider in Nebulosity and see everything captured in one mouse click. I don't think more intuitive imaging software exists :)

12 hours ago, Tim said:

Found this thread when reminding myself what the "amp off" setting is for.

That's not right Olly, you can drag the white point slider in Nebulosity and see everything captured in one mouse click. I don't think more intuitive imaging software exists :)

I'm sure I've tried this to no avail, Tim, but I'll give it another go. The instance of Nebulosity in question is on a Mac so whether this has anything to do with it or not I don't know, but the owner of the outfit is an IT and Apple professional and he seemed to find the screen stretch as big a faff as I did. But I'll certainly try what you suggest. Thanks.

Olly

Archived