Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nice prominence 31st August

madjohn

I was visiting my mother yesterday and just had to show her the Sun through my new solar scope. She is very tottery on her pins and so couldn't come out in the garden and view the Sun herself but I managed showed her the great looking proms and several sunspots via my laptop.

Afterwards I then managed to get some images captured and am quite pleased with this one.

This is a composite of two video images taken using my Skylight AR101 achromat and DMK 31 with 2X barlow. Stacked using Autostackkert 2 and processed in PS I'll post up a higher res link to the image on flickr when I get back to my processing laptop

post-2542-0-34071300-1378073464_thumb.jp

Lovely image.

Yes she was very impressed and was astounded when I was telling her the real sizes of the solar features!

That was the thing that amazed me, the first time I looked through a solar scope. Being told that the prom I was looking at was about three time the size of the earth.

Sarah

Archived