Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Spidy

Looking for an astronomical society

Hi there I'm from Mileham between Dereham and fakenham and me and my partner are interested in joining a astronomical society can anyone help of one that as fairly close thank you. Spidy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Obvious one is the Norwich band of criminals observers, looks like a 25 mile trip each way but the A47 should be easy to travel and I believe their site is on the South off the A47.

There is or was one at Kings Lynn, now Westnorfolkastro.co.uk seem to meet up next Sept 9th at Tottenhill Village.

North Norfolk Astro nnas.org, appears they meet at Bingham.

Then Breckland Astro who meet at Attleborough, brecklandastro.org.uk

Guess you are somewhere like North Elmham ?

Criminals ... CRIMINALS? We wouldn't rip you off ... well not so that you'd notice! :grin:

Norwich Astronomical Society, meet at Seething Observatory near Poringland every Friday. We have several members from Dereham direction.

If you want to check the Society out, our first public nights of the year are the 13 & 14th September with a lecture by our President, Mark Thompson.

AndyG

Yes about 3 mile from north elmham and thank you for your responses might come along to the open nights at Norwich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm a member of Breckland Astro Society. A friendly bunch based at Great Ellingham with good monthly speakers, runs throughout the year second Friday of the Month at 7.00pm.