Carl Zeiss Jenna 10mm Monocentric vs 10mm ORTHO

denis0007dl

I was testing this wonderfool eyepieces on my f/5 dobsonian, looking Saturn, Moon ans stars on limiting magnitude of visibility.

Result in short:

Carl Zeiss Jenna 10mm ORTHO and MONO show equall sharpness on entire FOV, but FOV and eye releaf in MONO are much smaller.

Interesting thing is, when I was looking stars on limiting magnitude of visibility, more stars are visible and picture is little brighter on ORTHO.

In my experience, spending few hout comparing them well, switching eyepieces quickly in cope, my definetly winner in EVERY regard, is ORTHO!

post-23247-0-98377300-1377936926_thumb.j

post-23247-0-93001600-1377936938_thumb.j

what a great ep in its day,i have the 6,10 and 16mm and have been trying to find the 12.5mm...but no luck..

I have recently sold my 12,5mm....only 10-O and 25-O stays, and thinking to sell them also, because I preffer bigger FOV, but picture is best of all eyepieces I ever try!

I have recently sold my 12,5mm....only 10-O and 25-O stays, and thinking to sell them also, because I preffer bigger FOV, but picture is best of all eyepieces I ever try!

...sold it!..nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Archived