Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

post-897-0-37912000-1377937674_thumb.jpgAurora colours straight out the camera,not a thing done to them.Canon 5dmkii,Samyang 14mm f2.8,8 second exposure,iso 3200
  • Like 22

A classic rayed arc superbly photographed...great image Stewart!

Mike

• Like 1

As usual inspiring work Stewart!. :)

How long have you been using the Samyang? Not had mine long but been shooting 40s exposures tonight and the star shapes look very good! Cracking lens for the money eh? :)

• Like 1

Brilliant stuff - great planning for this one

• Like 1

Fabulous photo Stewart. Great colour and composition. I'm glad the wind died down and allowed us to enjoy the display.

Your camera coupled with that new lens are clearly working a treat. How did your Milky Way shots turn out? I've still to process mine, but with the clear dark skies they don't look bad even straight out of the camera :smiley:

• Like 1

Another fabulous shot Stewart.

I was so enthralled that I looked up Loch Calder on Google Earth. I think I more or less found the spot you must have been at. What lovely countryside. I must get up that far north one day as I've been up the west coast but missed your area.

Then I looked at the rain radar. Lovely day today wasn't it ? :)

Dave.

• Like 1

I see you got photo of the month in the December edition of the Sky at Night Magazine with this fabulous shot - congratulations!

• Like 1

Lovely image Stewart :) I recently bought a Samyang 14 but it was soft wide open with strong coma across the entire frame so i sent it back, just waiting for the money then i'm going to order another and hope i get a better copy.

• Like 1

Your shot looks great in the mag, congratulations from me too!

• Like 1

Thanks Peter, Jon,Space Ranger.Our astronomy group chairman Space Ranger  also had his shot of Ursa Major and Minor in the hotshots.

Must be something about the Northern air  ;-)

Edited by saturn5
  • Like 1

That's just a stunning shot and congrats on the POM well deserved  :icon_salut:   

• Like 1

just found this pic in this months Sky at Night mag.  Its photo of the month!  Congrats mate :)

just found this pic in this months Sky at Night mag.  Its photo of the month!  Congrats mate :)

Thanks Lee,didnt think it looked its best on the magazine print though.