190MN and eye piece back focus

Gtech

Having just got a 190MN, I added two Celestron X-Cel eye pieces (7 and 18mm) and a SW Panaview (32mm)... love the Panaview, totally immersive and seems well corrected. Only problem is all these EPs require the focuser to be racked way out, along with a ext tube and the EP at the limit of its travel. Is this normal as It seems quite unbalanced (axially). While putting a camera on the SW focuser puts things at the other extreme (close).

Thanks Alan, glad its normal. I guess its good that the assembly is retracted when mounting a camera (weight-wise, vibration etc), but not so good when extended with a weighty 2" 32mm EP.

John

I keep toying with the idea of changing the focuser to a Moonlite. I am sure I can do it but it seems like there are a good few problems to iron out on route. There is a very good report on site somewhere from a member who has done the lot. Open heart surgery, he makes it sound easy. In truth there is only the fact that to get the Moonlite I would have to get it from the UK that is stopping me, and thats not that difficult.

I have never tried a camera on it, yet.

Alan.

Archived