Suprising number of Ethos' up for sale?

Andy_E

I've just done a quick search and I've found 1 used Ethos for sale on eBay (in the USA) and 1 active on UK Astro Buy & Sell.

Maybe the "lots" was just a quick flurry really ? :smiley:

Shane is right though, ultra and hyper wide eyepieces do take some getting used to and there is a "knack" to getting the best from them and they are not everyones "cup of tea".

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too noticed quite a few up recently. These shown all ended around 26th/27th August and there are a couple more below this list from slightly earlier. It does seem strange to see 'used once' or 'never used'??

post-6762-137836473829_thumb.jpg

Stu

Maybe people tried them and expected some extreme boost compared to Naglers or XWs, rather than subtle improvements over already excellent EPs. If they tried them in mediocre conditions, they may not have had any quality benefit at all. For the 15mm eye relief is just a bit too tight, so I am not going the all. Others might not have read that part of the spec, and bought an ethos nonetheless

I plan to get a 13mm and my expectation is it will be like the sublime Delos experience but with a very wide field of view. I expect worse edge quality in fact.

I have the 13, 8 and 6mm Ethos. The edge quality is superb even with fast scopes. They do show your coma off very nicely in fast newts though :undecided:

When I was using the 6mm and my 12" F/5.3 dob on Saturn earlier in the year all the fine ring details and contrast variations stayed sharply defined as the planet drifted across the FoV and slid behind the field stop. Very impressive and the F/5.3 shows very little coma too.

I too noticed quite a few up recently. These shown all ended around 26th/27th August and there are a couple more below this list from slightly earlier. It does seem strange to see 'used once' or 'never used'??

post-6762-137836473829_thumb.jpg

Stu

I reckon these were the same seller. Financial difficulties or a big change of direction perhaps ?. These things do happen.

Archived