Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing Session 31/12/05

Session: 1630 - 1830

Temp: 0 Deg

Hum: 82% rising to 93%

Conditions: Breezey, patchy fast moving clouds

Well, there were some sizeable breaks in the clouds, and Venus was looking quite inviting so I decided to go for it!

Unfortunately by the time I was set up, the clouds had covered Venus and by the time they broke again she had set.... :clouds2:

The other downside was I set out in the front of the house - 2 reasons. One, the back garden is a building site, and has no hard standing of any sort and with being solid clay, it was like walking through, well, wet clay!!! 2nd, I can't see Venus from the back garden!! So I had to contend with streetlights, cars, drunken idiot teenagers (not even 'going out' time yet!!!) and the trees as well. A cracking site!!! :clouds2:

Still, Vega was in the clear so it was time to check the mirror after my accident! The star test showed no visible deteriation in the star at end either side of focus, so it looks as I have been very lucky! Phew!!! :clouds2:

As Vega was still high enough, I checked the double in Lyra and then went for the Ring. Just managed to get it before the next batch of clouds swept in!

Quick cup of tea and Mars was in the clear, so swung round to him and stuck a webcam on. Shot about 600 frames, but conditions weren't great. We'll see what it comes out like shortly.

A quick flick through M45 and the Double Cluster and Andromeda before the clouds settled in, so called it a night.

Good to get out, even just to check the mirror and clear the cobwebs out.

Next time out is to re-check collimation as I forgot this time!!!!

:clouds2:

Oh, and the mount seems smoother after the regreasing the other day! :clouds2:

Archived