Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Hi guys and gals

Have got myself problem ! bought a s/h eq3-2 synscan mount last week to fit my refractor on ..waited a couple of days for the new saddle all good so far 'connect it tonite to power supply handset lights up but it is giving me a message saying NO LINK TO M;C STAND ALONE MODE now if i press enter it will continue on through with the usual time date location aligment and so on but thats it the motors dont move using the directional keys ,,it is all connect up and i tried it breffly when i got it and it was fine..,.pig in a poke i wonder.

Thanks for any advice Robbie

There are quite a few possibilities, some of which may be easy to resolve, others more difficult.

Could perhaps be a cable problem. Does the motor controller box have an RJ45 connector for the cable to the handset? If so you can try replacing the handset cable with a standard network patch cable such as you'd use to connect your PC to a router.

Alternatively it could be lack of power to the motor controller. Try a new set of batteries assuming you're using batteries.

Check that all the other cables are properly connected and that the connectors for all the cables are clean.

It may be worth attempting to upgrade the handset with the latest Synscan firmware in case the firmware has somehow become corrupted.

It's possible that the motor contoller board has developed a fault, but I'd check all the other bit first.

James

May seem obvious but worth pointing out... The power lead can plug into the motor controller OR the handset, it needs to go in the motor controller.

wishing you good luck

May seem obvious but worth pointing out... The power lead can plug into the motor controller OR the handset, it needs to go in the motor controller.

Good point. The power connector on the handset is for when you're upgrading it. Otherwise it gets its power from the motor controller unit.

James

Hi guys and gals

t the motors dont move using the directional keys

Thanks for any advice Robbie

Check the speed of slew using the rate button on your handset, if its too low, set at 1 for example you would barely see the motors move, just something to check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free