Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher EQ5 Goto: RA clutch/lock needs to be fixed?

Hi all,

after a year of very happy usage of my mount, I noticed today that the clutch/leveler of the RA needs to arrive almost to the end of its turn to feel somehow tight like the DEC one.

I'm not expert mounting or dismounting internal parts, is it something normal and there's something I can do easily to fix it maybe following some instructions and/or video/images?

If it needs some work I want to do it in time not when it's too late..every suggestion is welcome!

If you undo the screw in the centre of the lever you can just slip the lever off the spline and reposition so that the lever locks in a more favorable position .

Exactly what I did, just move it back a couple of notches on the shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You did the right think, but you have to search for the couse of the phainomenon.

I assume that you tight the lever very hard, thats why the pushing rod became shorter.

If you balance the mount corectly, just "finger tight" your levers, and you will never have any problems at the future.

(our astro equipment, and every high precision equipment requires gently -and no force- use)

If you undo the screw in the centre of the lever you can just slip the lever off the spline and reposition so that the lever locks in a more favorable position .

Thanks, I didn't realise you could do this. Took me a mo to realise that the splines are on the inside of the handle itself, but this has made life a bit easier. I used to get a little slippage occasionally because I couldn't tighten the clutch as far as I wanted.

Archived