StarSense CameraL 1.2.13343

Latest June 2014 release (beta)

StarSense HC 1.11.14164 (13 June 2014)
StarSense camera 1.02.13343
P: SYSTEM 1.01.14156
P: LISA 1.01.14072
P: DBOBJ 1.01.14160

Not sure if the beta has gone live yet

Oh great here we go again, I downloaded the new CFM manager connected the scope , opened CFM then it said found telescope, downloaded firmware and installed it then the little green tick came up, but I still have the old firmware ! Any ideas anyone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I had this problem what I did was once I unzipped the CFM file I dragged it in to my desktop then shut down WinZip and double clicked the CFM file and all was ok

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If you run CFM directly from the zip archive it will fail. Unzip the file and run the unzipped CFM. The version of Java you have installed matters aswell. According to the instructions you need version 7.

I have sent an E mail to Celestron support asking for help on this issue and added a thread at Team Celestron to see if anyone there can shed any light on this. I am getting completely boggled now. It would be nice if someone could give a link to the latest firmware update - finding it is not easy.

Peter

After logging in click on 'Board Index' then 'Starsense Accessory' and click on the top post (New SSA Firmware 1.11.14164).

If you scroll to the botton of the post there is a link at the end (Archive_2014_June_14.zip).

At the top of the post it says Edit: This version has now been released to the public. but I don't know if CFM is downloading it.

I would treat this as Beta for now and install at your own risk.

After logging in click on 'Board Index' then 'Starsense Accessory' and click on the top post (New SSA Firmware 1.11.14164).

If you scroll to the botton of the post there is a link at the end (Archive_2014_June_14.zip).

At the top of the post it says Edit: This version has now been released to the public. but I don't know if CFM is downloading it.

I would treat this as Beta for now and install at your own risk.

Once I log on and click on Board index I only get Forums than Misc as options - I can't get to Starsense accessory. I did find a link to the beta but it said that I was not authorised to read it. 

Thanks anyway.

Peter

I think you have to accept some kind of agreement or something agreeing to be a beta tester before you can access the beta testing forums & download beta code. I can't remember exactly. Have a poke around in the top few 'sticky' posts and see if there are any instructions.

Just looked on the Team Celestron site and Derik has stated:

YOu both seem to be reporting a situation where you go through the install proceedure but you end up with the wrong firmware.

This sounds familiar. Let me investigate.

Update: There is a mistake in the current public release of CFM that caused the public release to download the files from an older (out of date) archive. This is my fault. I have updated the older archive and fixed CFM so it won't happen again.

I swear I fixed a bug almost exactly like this about 6 months ago.

Sorry.

I have just tried updating AGAIN and it now says:

HC 01.11.14164 (June 13)

SS 01.02.13343

I got a green tick this time so, fingers crossed, all is now updated. I suggest you check your HC version to see if this is what you have.

Peter

Archived