Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First ever Lunar observation with telescope

Pauln

I observed the moon last night for the first time with my new telescope (Celestron C6-N). We only set it up in the lounge pointing through the window as I was in with the kids on my own, so it wasn't perfect, but it was stunning. The detail was fantastic, seeing the moon like that for the first time was mind blowing. The kids loved it too. :icon_jokercolor:

I saw the Moon for the first time last night too, pretty dam' awesome I thought. Thing is, you want to rush around saying 'Look at this, look at that' when most folk want to sit and watch Eastenders but I've fought the urge to drag the whole street into the back yard.........

I saw the Moon for the first time last night too, pretty dam' awesome I thought. Thing is, you want to rush around saying 'Look at this, look at that' when most folk want to sit and watch Eastenders but I've fought the urge to drag the whole street into the back yard.........

Dont fight it, I get em all out :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

It is great viewing the moon through your scope for the 1st time, you are somewhat knocked aback by the amount of detail shown through your scope and i always find something new to view up there throughout the different phases of the moon......

The same goes for Saturn, viewing that for the first time is amazing, i got my 1st viewing this morning and it was just like WOW.....

Have you downloaded stellarium Paul??

www.stellarium.org

Its a nice little program that will help to put you on the road of astronomy nicely, i`d be lost without it.

I hope we all have many more clear nights to come and i wish you all the best Paul and kids on the road to discovery in the fantastic world of astronomy.

Mark

Archived