Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Chris Lintott

AstroTiger

Hi Guys

Well as i see much publicity taking place with Sir Patrick Moore (and feeling rather left out :-()

Thought i would come up with a corker to match.

Dr Chris lintott came to the northampton astronomical society xmas lecture this evening. I have pics on my phone.

NOW, not only was his talk on star formation a stunner (even i learn;t something)

BUT i also told him about you guys, so if his colleague Sir Patrick has not already done so, do not be spursed to see him logging on.

I will email him ur URL tonight!

Just thought u might like to know! You will then have the Sky at Night team!

AT

I really like Chris Lynott, he gets S@N out of the studio now Sir PM is unable to. Before he joined I felt the program was stagnating a little 4 or 5 years ago because of this problem with few observatory trips and little practical amateur astronomy due to Sir Patricks age/ mobility.

Great News that "AstroTiger," Dr.Chris Lintott seems a really nice chap, and a very clever one at that. He was a very welcome addition to the Sky at Night programme, and he and Sir Patrick Moore seem to complement eachother.

Things are looking up (literally) for all at SGL.

Regards,

philsail1

i was fortunate enough to be eating xmas dinner with him.

and ok i am going to say it, i am dying to. have to tell someone.

I GAVE HIM A LIFT BACK TO THE STATION!!!!!

ok enough hero worship. Was nice though

but at the end of the day he is a human being, like the rest of us. I also get the feeling he finds the limelight a nuisence, he is an astronomer at heart.

The main reason he joined the team was more as a technical interpreter as the new producer (from gardners world) had little astro knowledge.

I look forward to hopefully seeing more of chris in the near future

AT

• 1 month later...

From R.A. Marriott, Founder and Secretary, Northampton Astronomical Society (Honorary President, Dr Allan Chapman)

I invited Dr Chris Lintott to present the Society’s Christmas Lecture (on 13 December 2007) not only because he is well known as an excellent speaker, but also because I have known him since he was at school. The three-course dinner was prepared by Lorraine Crook (a professional chef, and also the Society’s Treasurer), and the event was attended by 62 people. The official report and photographs (not including the correspondent AstroTiger) are on the Society’s website at:

http://www.northamptonastronomicalsociety.org

I'd have liked to have heard that talk as it's one of the topics that really fascinates me (that and the other end of the solar life cycle). I've always been mightily impressed with Chris Lintott's appearances on S@N and really hope that he can keep the programme being broadcast into the distant future.

BTW, I read Bang! recently - what a great book. I was surprised at what I learned (for example, why the stars earlier in the history of the universe could grow larger than they can now). Chris, Sir Patrick and Brian May are great communicators.

Cheers, Martin

Ooooh, you lucky things who've met him! I asked the Sky at Night team if he or Sir Patrick could look at my kiddie's astronomy book I wrote and Chris offered! Then one day he rang me to discuss some issues. I don't know how I kept myself together as I'm actually quite shy. I got asteroid and meteor mixed up in my tongue-tiedness -erk! :oops: But he was wonderful and so natural. I'd love to meet him. I believe he sings?

Alex

Archived