Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FRUSTRATION and early bubble

MartinB

Typical, I go away on a 3 day course and we have a fantastic spell of weather. I've looked through everyones deep sky images and amazed at the quality and variety. Still to check out the planetary stuff.

Well I finally got out briefly last night and everything was running nicely when up popped the grey stuff out of nowhere, cleared again briefly and then looked like that was it for the night. Packed away only for everything to clear and stay clear for the night.

So great plans reduced to 3x20mins Ha unbinned and about 7x 50/55/60sesc RGB binned 2x2. ED120 and SXV H9. Captured with maxim and processed with PS

So heres an noisy and dull Bubble - HahaRGB and a mono. Prefer the mono with this short amount of exposure, would be different with 6 hours. I'll be back!!

2744_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

2743_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It's a bit slipshod if you ask me. Posting inferior images, and you one of our more polished exponents of the art. You ought to feel ashamed of yourself.

:embarassed::rolleyes: Had you worried there Martin heh? Yeah!, right, I can hear you say.

I really can't wait to see the good one when you do it. I just cannot see anything that mars this image the mono version or the colour.

Maybe when I become knowledgeable I shall see the flaws. :icon_jokercolor:

Ron. :rolleyes:

Very nice!

I'm sure many of us would be pleased if we could come up with stuff as good as your rejects Martin... :icon_jokercolor:

Agree this murk that currently appears just after setting up is a real frustration!

Cheers

Mark

The trouble is Martin, is that we are locked into this constant endeavour to achieve something near to perfection, and that's what holds the interest.

While we have control over the equipment we use, the 'seeing' is something that we can do nothing about, and yet it has a major impact on the results that we achieve.

So, perhaps a good image captured under moderate or poor 'seeing', should be regarded as highly as an excellent image captured under near perfect 'seeing'.

For most people, including me, your image will be considered as pretty damn good, even more so that it was captured under less than ideal conditions.

Overall, I think its a good result, and compliments the recognition of your imaging and processing skills nicely.

So, take the credit Martin, you've earned it. :icon_jokercolor:

Dave

Thanks for the comments guys, I guess I've just got to keep things in perspective. The conditions were actually pretty good Dave, just didn't get very long. The nice thing when you have a few hours of exposure is that you have more headroom when processing before noise and other artefacts kick in - you can do a lot more sharpening and contrast enhancement in particular. Still, these subs are in the bank now so hope to add to them next time out

Well what a carb image Martin , you have a cheek putting that up , :icon_jokercolor::embarassed:, Martin you set a very high standard ,the quality is always good in my opinion, you have reached your target , now you are serious and will always try to improve an the last image done ,so sit back relax, take time to look back on what you have achieved, if we could all produce images of that standard we would be well happy.

I like both ,the colour one is lovely , but of course the B/W is brill :)the weekend looks good , so we can expect some more good image from you ,

Cheers

Rog

Archived