guide scope

Yes, its better to be aligned than not. Especially if your PA isnt good, as guiding on a star too far away from your target will amplify any field rotaion in your images.

In your case it might be better to go lightweight and use a finderguider as I suspect a 150P with a normal guidescope will prove too much for your eq3-2 to handle.

thanks for the replys

at the moment im just polar aligning with the hole throu mount & synscan 2 - 3 star align but

was thinking of using my celestron travelscope 70 as a guidescope as it seems fairly light as made of plastic, ive read that i should have a more substantial mount to but cant

really go that far at the moment, so am trying a.p on a budget for now im not expecting amazzzzing results but is more for practice an to get to learn the dark art itself hands on

and see wot sort of things i can image.

was thinking if the travelscope idea doesnt come to anything to get a 9X50 finder as have seen that you can attached guidecams to them with adapter

thanks for the replys

at the moment im just polar aligning with the hole throu mount & synscan 2 - 3 star align but

was thinking of using my celestron travelscope 70 as a guidescope as it seems fairly light as made of plastic, ive read that i should have a more substantial mount to but cant

really go that far at the moment, so am trying a.p on a budget for now im not expecting amazzzzing results but is more for practice an to get to learn the dark art itself hands on

and see wot sort of things i can image.

was thinking if the travelscope idea doesnt come to anything to get a 9X50 finder as have seen that you can attached guidecams to them with adapter

With the 150p's FL you are better off with the finder/guider, at F3.2 it is also a lot faster and gives a wider field to find a guide star, a 70mm scope with the rings and the mounting still weights in the region of 2 kg, far too much in my opinion to piggyback on a 150.

A.G

thanks lensman, I was messing about with the scope last nite and it did seem the finder/guider would probably be the best way to go, am gunna use the QH5Y

A qhy and a 50 mm finder/guider seem to be a good and popular combination, all you need is an adapter from Modern Astronomy if you don't already have one, I think that it is about £28.00 a piece.

A.G

Archived