Narrowband

Just two from last night 12th/13th dec

shifter

Ee-gad it felt so cold last night even though the temperature was only 2 degree lower than the night before (minus 3c feeling more like minus 5c), the condensation was as bad as ever necessitating the use of the "TOH" (trusty ol' hairdrier) at regular intervals. I only managed two objects last night the first being M33 which I gave two and a half hours of varied exp times and iso settings. Personally I think the final image is quite pleasing. The second object was to be NGC4435 and 4438 in Virgo which according to Stellarium is also known as "The Eyes", is two 10.9 mag galaxies.I think they are situated at the bottom of the image shown. What I wasn't expecting was the small field of galaxies that came with it (Please feel free to identify them lol). I would have given this one a lot more time if it had not disappeared behind a tree, I'll try again tonight if the weather holds.

.....Brian.....

Object, M33 "Triangulum Galaxy"

Subs, 20x180sec @ iso 1600, 10x360sec @ iso 1600, 5x360sec @ iso 800

total exposure time 2hrs 30m

outside temp -2c

Image scope, LXD55 SN10 on an EQ-6 Pro

Guide scope, ED80-Pro and Toucam Pro

Camera, Canon 350d + Neodymium LP filter

Stacked with Maxim dl

Proc with PS CS2 and Noel's actions

2734_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Object, NGC4435, NGC4438 "The Eyes" (and various other galaxies)

Subs, 12x300sec @ iso 800

total exposure time 1hr 0m

outside temp -3c

Image scope, LXD55 SN10 on an EQ-6 Pro

Guide scope, ED80-Pro and Toucam Pro

Camera, Canon 350d + Neodymium LP filter

Stacked with Maxim dl

Proc with PS CS2 and Noel's actions

2735_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived