Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from sunny Eastbourne... :)

Tammie_M3ENF

Hello everyone, found the forums after doing a little research into telescopes...

My name is Tammie and I live in Eastbourne, I've had an interest in astronomy for as long as I can remember. I was 13 or 14 when I first went to Herstmonceux Science Centre but had the interest before then and I'm now 30 (eek!!!!! I am still getting used to that). Actually went back to Herstmonceux this past weekend and hope to attend the upcoming astronomy festival there.

I'm looking to buy a new telescope. I do currently have two up in the loft which have hardly been used, I'm hoping to get them down soon to investigate what state they're in and to see if I can sell them perhaps to fund the new telescope, they're very very basic though. I have a shortlist of telescopes so will probably hunt around the forums for reviews and will more than likely post my shortlist to see what others recommend.

Other interests include ham radio (hence the callsign in my user ID), NASCAR, reading, photography and music.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Tammie :)

Hi Tammie welcome to the lounge,

S.G.L. is a hive of information and full of friendly and helpful folk,

you are in the right place to get advice choosing your new scope.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Archived