Help please!!

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can assist with this problem, please. I have a Visionary 114 telescope and a Samsung NX100 camera. I would like to connect the two so that I can start taking photographs of the night sky. I bought a Model: LMA-TM-NX T-mount lens to Samsung NX adapter which I understood was universal (no pun intended). It fits my camera perfectly but the thread on the other end (42mm I think) is too large for my telescope eye piece thread (40mm I think). I have searched on line for these measurements without success so measured them myself and that is what I came up with. My question is, can I get an adapter that will bridge this gap or am I stuck with two incompatible pieces of kit? I would try just holding the camera to the telescope lens but being in a wheelchair it is virtually impossible for me. I am now getting desperate for help and would really appreciate suggestions for a solution. Thanks.

You need two pieces to attach your camera. The first is a "T-ring" for the Samsung camera. I don't know where you can get one but try FLO or Modern Astronomy - they're both good at sourcing "odd" items like this. I also saw one on Amazon but can't vouch for it:

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B00AK99R82

The second piece you need is a 1.25" T-adaptor. This attaches to the T-ring and you can then insert the whole assembly into the eyepiece holder on the focus tube.

http://www.firstligh...ra-adapter.html

Be sure to check the thread sizes match with the supplier you use. You may also need to check the assembly will bring the camera chip into focus at the focal point of your telescope. You may need extra "backward focus" or "forward focus". Hth. :)

Archived