Heeeeelp pleeeease!!!!

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can assist with this problem, please. I have a Visionary 114 telescope and a Samsung NX100 camera. I would like to connect the two so that I can start taking photographs of the night sky. I bought a Model: LMA-TM-NX T-mount lens to Samsung NX adapter which I understood was universal (no pun intended). It fits my camera perfectly but the thread on the other end (42mm I think) is too large for my telescope eye piece thread (40mm I think). I have searched on line for these measurements without success so measured them myself and that is what I came up with. My question is, can I get an adapter that will bridge this gap or am I stuck with two incompatible pieces of kit? I would try just holding the camera to the telescope lens but being in a wheelchair it is virtually impossible for me. I am now getting desperate for help and would really appreciate suggestions for a solution. Thanks.

Hi there and welcome

Normally you would need a gadget like this one. http://www.telescope...pter125inch.cfm though I'm not exactly sure in your case as I am unfamiliar with the ring you have. One end screws to the T-ring adapter on your camera and the other end should fit into all 1.25" inch focusers. There might be an issue with the camera coming too far out however and you wont be able to reach focus because the focuser itself isnt built for having lengthy adapters. It seems on the picture I get when I google for a Visionary 114 that the focuser is very long and that itself might be a problem for trying to achieve focus with yet some adapters on.

One suggestion at this point would be to search out your local astronomical society and meet up with them. They might be able give you more hands on advice even if we're extremely glad to answer your questions here at the forum.

Also you need to know that unless you have a motorized mount you're not going to be able to image very much more than the moon since objects fainter than that need longer exposures and thus will quickly move out of the field of view (Jupiter might work to a degree). Not wanting to bring your hopes down or anything but deep space astrophotography gets expensive very quick :) It's a lovely hobby but the starting cost is steep.

Archived