SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Name the scope contest

Cjg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart move, a decent marketing company would charge thousands to come up with a name, but Joe Public will do it for a 5" dobsonian.

But that's just me being unduly cynical, from what I understand AWB do some good work to promote astronomy to the masses so fair play to them.

Yes, we should really think outside the box on this one, something proactive, empowering and ready for the new economy. A real paradigm shift in brand synergy.

I like a bit of blue sky thinking. Why don't you run it up the flagpole and see who salutes?

James

Are some of you "blue sky out of the box thinkers" trying to facilitate audience conversations and drive engagement with social currency ? :p

I do admire and respect AWB's aims. My entry was "Insta Dob" thought it sounded vaguely US'ish and matches the speed of set up and use of the little scope....

Chris

There's already a dob called "Big Blue", so this one clearly has to be "Little Blue".

James

Round these here parts blokes have a habit of calling their mates "Blu".

So maybe "Little Blu"?

Can we share the prize money? :D

I do admire and respect AWB's aims.

Thank you! And I'm pleased to discover from that site that there are AWB Supporters - I need those.

How about "Andrew William Burns's 130p in Blue"? Or "Bushnell Ares 5"? Oh, wait...

Archived