Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron SkyQ Link WiFi Adapter - HELP REQUIRED!

Hello,

I am looking to buy a Celestron SkyQ Link WiFi Adapter for a Celestron Nexstar 6SE.

The term WiFi is confusing me.

Does this mean that it requires a WiFi network/Local Area Network in range for it to work or does it simply makes a connection between the scope and the iPad/iPhone on its own?

In other words, will this work in the 'field' or will it only work in range of a WiFi router/network?

Kind regards,

RJS

I have one!

I know a bit about technology, so I'm hoping I can help a little.

There are 2 ways to set it up:

1) direct link between the scope and iPhone/iPad

2) link scope and iPhone/ iPad via a WiFi hub

I've never done it using method 2, and I've only done method 1 in my back garden (which is in range of my WiFi hub), but as far as I can tell, it doesn't rely on my home network.

You plug it into your scope, then using the settings on your iPhone/iPad to select the SkyQLink network (ie so it is no longer on your home Wifi network) and a couple more steps using the app on your device and away you go!

HTH!

• 2 weeks later...

:grin:

I don't use it much, but its pretty cool when you do. You don't have to align your scope first either. Once you set it up with your phone, it will ask you to align with that so it overwrites anything you have done directly with the scope.

• 4 months later...

Hi all you Celestron SkyQ users. Can I tap into the experience bank. It should be considerable by now. I am trying to find the SkyQ wifi link App on App Store to download on to my iPad. My searches keep drawing a blank. Please - what did you search for to find the correct one?

Thank you,

Peter

Thank you Shaun and Rae. Speedy help, as always on this site. Mission accomplished; App successfully downloaded.

It does seem strange that it is so difficult to find. I had searched under every combInation I could come up with, including SkyQ !

Looking forward to my link arriving today - clear skies tonight? Not looking good at present.

Thanks again. All the best. Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

hi there ,

my skyq is working with the ios apps - sky safari pro 4 and celestron skyportal. Both work properly unlike the skyq. incidentally celestron skyportal is a free download and is cut down version of sky safari

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived