SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tracking ISS

Possibly there are, but best bet to start is maybe a manual mount with a webcam. Place the scope ahead of ISS and let it pass through the field of view and you should get something. I have tracked it visually this way.

Stu

Hi,

I have not tried it on the field yet but have run some indoor mocks using a clone of DroidSat (android app) to control a Celestron 127slt and it seems to be able to keep the pace of ISS. A Bluetooth link to a NexStar scope is the only setup currently supported by this app.

In any case I don't expect the azimuth servo motor to be able to keep up during an overhead pass...

Oh, the app is available from Google code, it is open source and the clone which supports Celestron control is fmederos-clone. Sorry but I can't post links on this forum.

Regards!,

Fernando

Sorry to hijack but can this be done with eqascom and stellarium scope? I'm guessing you find the ISS a few minutes before its above the horizon in stellarium, centre on it press ctrl f1 and it should track it ?

Archived