SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wireless telescope control via Ipad w/o hand controller?

js_colorado

Hello there. I have been using Starry Night with Eqmod and subsequently sold my hand controller to my Atlas EQG 6 years ago. Now I have an Ipad and I have downloaded Sky Safari Pro and am wondering if there is way with this app or other apps to drive the scope via the Ipad wirelessly without having the hand controller. I know shoestring astronomy has a BT adapter and I currently use their Eqdir interface without any issues so maybe there is hope there. The SkyFi adapter would have been great but it seems to require the hand controller. So do I have any options or do I need to purchase another hand controller to have this luxury? I would be willing to drive wirelessly via macbook or laptop if I had to but am really trying to get there via an Ipda. Any help is appreciated.

James

I presumed it got away with need for a hand controller but I'm not sure now. It would if you just needed to connect to the encoders but you need to control the motor as well I presume.

email or pm Serge at Astro devces, he's very helpful and will come back to you quite quickly I suspect, he might even see this thread, and reply.

Thanks for the input. Serge was very helpful. While there doesn't seem to be an option w/o the handcontroller there may be options in the future. In the meantime I will continue with with eqmod the laptop and hand controller which has served me well so far.

Archived