Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pst repair advice please.

The_PSY3NTIST

Hi everyone. I have sourced a new objective for my older pst that has the rust issue. It is from the new version pst (blue objective) Could I use this on the older pst until I raise the funds for a d-erf for the stage 1 mod. There are no extra filters in the light path that I need to know of is there? It's at a good price to make a temporary fix if it is a straight interchange.

Thanks for any advice

David

Someone more knowledgeable than me will be along soon I'm sure, but I have a feeling that the older objectives reject more light than the newer ones and don't have the mini-ERF in the eyepiece section as a result, or have different filtering arrangements there, at least. I'd check that out before looking through it I think.

James

Thanks James. I've had some guys reply on another thread to the question and they said the same so thank you for quadruple confirming it :) I've managed to source a new version pst with the etalon missing so I'm just going to swap the etalon from my older style in to the new one. That's if I can get past this lock tight that I've been told bad things about lol.

Thanks again

Archived