Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon replacement

cotterless45

Until the tide came in, of course, which it might well do at quite a rate of knots.

James

That's a thing, if we orbited Saturn as one of its moons then how far would we have to be from its surface to experience the same range of tides? My guess is a couple of M km's at the least.

That's a thing, if we orbited Saturn as one of its moons then how far would we have to be from its surface to experience the same range of tides? My guess is a couple of M km's at the least.

I'm rubbish at maths but to calculate how far away from Saturn we would need to be we would have to compare its size and distance compared to that of the moon and we would arrive at a happy distance.

Anyone feel like working it out?

Seeing Saturns rings in our night sky if it was an orbiting moon of Earth would be beautiful, but its probably all we would see. God only knows how bright the night sky would be with all that reflective light pouring down on us from the planet.

Archived