Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS image import problem

Having been offline for a few weeks for a summer break, I fired up my new laptop and downloaded my first images from my new modded Canon 600D....and have an immediate problem with DSS. For some reason, every image (lights, flats, darks etc.) seem to have been imported as a narrow, vertical, rectangular crop of the image, about 30% of the originals. All settings seem the same as on my old computer, so I haven't a clue what's going on. Hopefully the attached printscreen will show what I mean. Anyone any thoughts?

DSS printscrn.docx

Thanks all. I've checked and its version 3.3.2 I'm using. It worked fine on my previous PC and camera....

I'll try the link you sent.

Yeah I tried 3.3.2 first and had the same issue. It only seems to be the 3.3.3 b51 version that works. It seems quicker too :D

Hi Bsdgerchap,

Success with lading DSS 3,3,3, using winrar. Many thanks!

Pics all loaded now and look complete and the right way round. So now I hit the start register button and I'm getting the error message 'the checked pictures are not compatibles (width, height, number of colors, number of channels, only one master dark,offset and flat' whaaa ???

No problem Badgerchap.

Neil, check that the image sizes for the lights, darks, bias etc are all the same. I once had an issue where for some reason, some pics were a couple of pixels smaller and DSS obviously didn't like it.

Hi Freddie, the images all seem exactly the same, 5184x3456 pixels.

I'm stacking 37 lights,13 darks, 23 bias and 20 flats. The 'scores' for the lights on DSS range from 26 to 117, number of stars frm 8 to 20. I notice that the dX and dY columns are all NC though, not sure if this is usual.

At a bit of a loss with this one....

Sounds like it is going through the registering process which it does before it brings up the scores and will show dx and dy as NC. It should then start stacking and at the end of that show the dx and dy figures. Is it bring up the error message after registering but before stacking? Are the image depths all the same?

Hi Freddie, it was bringing up the error message as soon as I hit the Register button, so it seems as if it was rejecting the frames from the start.

However, things have moved on! I decided to see if I could narrow it down to maybe one or two frames that were causing the problem. I unchecked all, then checked all flats, darks and bias frames, then one light, hit register, and it started registering no problem. Then repeated this, adding 5 more lights, again no problem. Carried on 5 at a time, and all worked, right up to me adding all of the original frames! Ended up with a normal, stacked image, no frames rejected.

So, maybe a glitch in DSS when using the check all button? Will have to see what happens next time..

Archived