Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC281

astro mick

Hi.

This is an image of the Nebulosity around a star cluster in Cassiopia,known as NGC281.

It was taken using two ED80 scopes,simultaneously taking both H-Alpha and Oxy111 Data.

Subs were 18x600 secs.

Alighned,then processed in Photo-shop.

Camera,s were a HX916(Ha) and a MX916(Oxy111)

O111 was used for both the Green and the Blue channels.

Thanks.

Mick.

Not sure Mick something doesn't look right, alignment look out some how

Thanks everyone,as always appreciate the comments.

Peter and Bryan,you make an interesting comment about the alighnment,but i cant quite see it.If there is a mis-alighnment it must come from the alignment of two different fields of view,as i,m using different camera,s.I would have thought the stars would show this.

However i will look at this,and may PM to let you have the images.

Mick.

Thanks everyone,as always appreciate the comments.

Peter and Bryan,you make an interesting comment about the alighnment,but i cant quite see it.If there is a mis-alighnment it must come from the alignment of two different fields of view,as i,m using different camera,s.I would have thought the stars would show this.

Hi Mick,

There does look to be a mis-alignment, the stars seem to be duplicated. As an example, I've highlighted two pairs of stars that look as if they are the same pair:

post-5202-0-97597600-1376904847_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Archived