SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Does anyone know anyone who can CNC mill aluminium parts?

mrflib

There's a couple of adapters and brackets that I would like to make in aluminium. One is available from the USA but with customs and shipping I reckon it can be made cheaper.

As a day job I work in CAD but cast gold/platinum and only mill wax. I'm looking to find someone who can mill aluminium blocks from STL CAD files.

Most brackets and adapters would only take a minute or two to make in CAD. I've just purchased a 3D scanner too so scanning parts that need things fitted to them may be possible depending on the size.

Basically the companies I have approached want silly order quantities or charge a tremendous amount.

So ideally I'm looking for a tinkerer called Dave who has a CNC milling machine in his shed that I can do a deal with!

If anyone knows a Dave that would be really helpful. Failing that, any good companies would be appreciated too.

Cheers

Archived