Narrowband

M42 slight improvement ?

trudie

Smashing clear night, but just a tad nippy, Ha Ha !!

Tried again with M42, think this is slightly better than last time.

20@ 30 seconds with the DSI, and ED80.

Any suggestions on how to get it better ?

Ta

Trudie

PS Not processed as don't know how, feel free to see what you can drag out of it (if anything)

post-13252-133877334707_thumb.jpg

That is definitely an improvement over the first one Trudie, and a clear indication that your are 'moving' in the right direction, well done!!. :icon_jokercolor:

Sorry that I can't have a 'play' with the image, as I don't have the necessary software with me, here in Aus.

Dave

That's 'pushed' the sharpening just a bit too far Trudie.

The more images you 'stack', the better the signal to noise ratio (SNR), then the more agressive you can be with the processing.

However, you are definitely on the 'right track', and the 'name of the game' is practice and experimentation, so keep at it, and will get better and better.

Yes, we are having a great time down here thanks, as it its sunny and very warm. However, it doesn't seem a bit like Christmas, with everybody doing their Christmas shopping in shorts and T shirts. :icon_jokercolor:

Dave

Had a quick go at the processing - not much improved on your original. All I did was alter the RGB curves in Paintshop to lighten the whole image then dropped the red curve to get rid of the red cast I created in step 1. :icon_jokercolor:

Andy.

post-13153-133877334711_thumb.jpg

Archived