Calm Fireball - Sun in H-a, 28/07/2013

Luke

This has taken me a while to process. I wanted to try to make the sun look firey but calm it down a bit. I thought an orangey look would help that?

I did a test run on a patch of it, then got a look a liked in a few minutes. So I went back to the main image, thinking this won't take long, and had trouble getting it to look like the test run :eek:

Thanks for looking.

gallery_2875_2627_279011.jpg

gallery_2875_2627_127392.jpg

gallery_2875_2627_79806.jpg

---

28/07/2013

SolarMax 60 SS / Grasshopper 3 (ICX687)

Thanks, folks :smiley:

Alexandra, it was a separate capture for the proms. At the mo I am normally trying to get the surface and proms in one shot with a higher gamma setting, though if there are some good proms about, I chicken out and do a separate prom shot as well. I'll have to hurry up and process some of the single shots to check they are okay!

I'm a bit gutted that tonight I missed a superb airplane transit by a few seconds in white light. It flew right over the disc at a lovely angle while I had the 2.5x barlow on :cry:

What a funny game this is, I used to NOT want airplanes flying over when DSO imaging. :grin:

Archived