Where to start with LRGB filters?

badgerchap

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to tag a question onto this do you also use LP filters on top of the LRGB filters? or is that a stupid question with them already been filters

I do. I have a 2" light pollution filter on the end of my coma corrector, so it is in front of all the other filters (including Ha). Some people use a LP filter in the filter-wheel instead of the L filter and use the RGB filters without an LP filter in front. I think it might depend on the light pollution at your site, which way would give you the best results.

Just a point on the Baader LRGB CCD filters - I believe these block IR wavelengths. The cheaper absortive set is not so fussy, so it's recommended to use these stacked with IR-Cut. Definitely keep an eye out on ABS for s/h filters, wheel and that attik 314L+ or 320 - I've seen a couple go sub £ 700 recently, which almost tempted me in to spending what I haven't got ;)

Archived