Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nova Delphinus 2013

Scosmico

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this rain ( here in the SW) I thort had extinguished the nova but looking at the AAVSO light curve ,

is it my imagination (aka wishfull thinking)

that the sharp decline we saw last night may have halted and perhaps it is levelling off for a while at about mag5 ?

Is there (are there) a typical curve(s) for novae

I know supernovae have type I IIa etc light curves , owt like that for little novae ! ?

http://www.aavso.org...2=&mean=&vmean=

Argh, found out about this after I'd gone out with the bins on Friday evening. And it's overcast at the moment.

The Beeb forecast is claiming clear skies tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh wow !

Rain suddenly stopped, a few brief drifting clear patches and I got it in the 10x50 again !

A good deal less bright now ( dont put too much weight on this estimate) than 29Vul so I'd give it about a mag 5.2 or 5.3, didnt have time to compare it with AAVSO 57 nearby :(

but at least it is still there and not going downhill at the rate we saw last night !

100% cloud now, (else I wouldnt be typing here would I !!!! )

All together , , everyone do an anti-cloud dance , ,

For anyone still awake and in hope ! :-

Anyone in the South of England to the east of me, (from nearish Bristol ) (cant speak for the North) :-

When it stops raining keep a sharp lookout , there is a brief spell of intermittent cloud/clear following that band of rain.

it doesnt last long and there is extensive 100% cloud cover behind it ,,,

good luck ,,,

and good night ....

Got it tonight in binos and it didn't look much brighter than HR7811 which is close by. I would have said it was around mag 5.5 on that basis.

Anyone got it tonight?

Stu

Yep I just had a peek. The proximity of the Moon does not help but it does look a little dimmer tonight. I thought around mag 5.3 but that was a quick estimate only.

Me to, did not view it yesterday for cloud - possibly to me even a tad fainter than close guide star - approaching 5.8 mag.

andrew

Yes just been out again and it looks fainter than first thought earlier. looks more like 5.8-5.9 to me now.

Archived