Vixen LVW vs Pentax XW vs Delos

GavStar

On 8 October 2017 at 08:50, Mr Spock said:

Here's a view of the LVW. The symmetrical design probably shows why the eyepiece behaves more like a wide field, aberration free Plössl than conventional wide field eyepieces.

lvw-strahlengang.jpg.73087541695f51b43dff34a76e8406af.jpg

The only disappointment is the 30mm. The design is five element and more like an Erfle. Very poor and should be avoided. Such a shame.

What is "very poor" about the 30 Vixen? Does not compare to an awesome 35mm Panoptic, but it's half the cost. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, 25585 said:

Come across this evaluation of Vixen LVW v Pentax XW eps  http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showpost.php?s=f700742bafba7deda33d734d347f3e86&p=1035425&postcount=10

Delos not made then, but Radians were.

Delos 10mm and 6mm were introduced in 2011, the rest in 2012.  That posting was from 2013, so they did exist.  I remember buying the 10mm Delos before the rest were introduced, so I must have had mine since 2011.

8 hours ago, Louis D said:

Delos 10mm and 6mm were introduced in 2011, the rest in 2012.  That posting was from 2013, so they did exist.  I remember buying the 10mm Delos before the rest were introduced, so I must have had mine since 2011.

Thanks. As the site is Australian maybe Delos had not become as well known or numerous at the time. Perhaps it was the Delite range that may have been slightly later?

Archived