Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Vega

I did it again! ISS

Superb Matt!!

You need to get that on SpaceWeather at the very least!!

Again, thanks all for the kind words, it's given me much pride in battling with my equipment/the elements :icon_jokercolor:. I had another go last night with the 2x barlow, was successful but forgot the difference a barlow makes to brightness and my exposure setting was too fast . The solar panels almost invisible. Cant wait to try again with adjusted exposure time cus the 2x makes the ISS look BIG with detail coming out even more :embarassed:

You need to get that on SpaceWeather at the very least!!

Hi Daz, have taken your advice and submitted to SpaceWeather. I also e-mailed astronomy now's gallery section but not sure if a fuzzy 640x480 shot of the ISS is really in the same league as their wonderfull DSO images! I can only wait and see.

Cheers

Matt

Excellent result Matt, that is as clear as a spacestation.

Well done indeed.

Ron.

I hate blowing my own trumpet but I'm so excited I cant resist...

I've had confirmation that my ISS pic above is being published in the February edition of Astronomy Now magazine. :hello1: (released on 17th Jan ... cough, cough) :D

A very chuffed Matt

Matt, that's a really good image, congrats on getting it published. :thumbright:

Matt,

Better let Bridgwater WHSmiths know they need to increase their order this month!

Well deserved. Enjoy it mate, hopefully this is the first of many.

G.