SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I did it again! ISS

A direct overhead pass for Somerset on 12th December meant the stations pass was a dead straight line. This meant I could manually track my dobsonian with webcam attached in one axis (alt) and not worry about awkward jittery movements in azm.

Around 2 minutes of movie @10fps got me around 20 frames with the station in it. I am delighted with the results. You can clearly see the two operational solar panels on the left and the 3rd "stationary" panel on the right that has a broken joint at the moment.

iss_12dec2007.jpg

Matt

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Matt - that is far and away the best image I have seen of the ISS anywhere. I had a look around a while ago when I was going to have a go and never found anything even remotely like yours. I managed one with my 350D and 120mm frac, but its not even close! :icon_jokercolor::embarassed:

I assume you used a webcam - out of interest, how did you focus it in time?

Trev

Thanks Gene all part of the service :salute: :icon_jokercolor:

Thanks all for your very kind comments. Great to confirm it's not just a bright light up there and we are indeed looking at the ISS. When complete it will be one of the greatest technological / engineering achievements of our time IMO.

Matt

Archived