Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Three galaxy night 11/12 Dec

shifter

Last night looked great when I slid the roof back to let the equipment cool down (as if it needed it lol), imagine my surprise when i came out after the evening meal to cloud. Not put off by this I waited for an hour or so to see if it would clear....4 hours later eureka clear sky. So I eagerly stepped out and did the pre flight alignments and decided to start with NGC891 seeing as its been quite a while since I'd imaged it. So, all set up, guide star calibrated and tracking great, off we go first sub, hmm that doesn't look right, poked my head out of the obs to find the cloud had partially covered the sky although I didn't notice this because the guide star was still there and the tracking was going well. So I stopped everything and sat and waited like the fly fisherman waiting for the opportunity to catch some clear sky. My patience paid off and at 01.30 I was off and running again. I managed to grab three objects in the time I had, NGC891, NGC4565 and to finish I managed to get just five subs of M51 before dawn stopped play (I'm going to have to something about her lol). The temperature this morning varied from 0c to -1c (thank goodness for the warm room) and the air was so damp that the dew zapper struggled to cope and the use of the trusty old hair drier was needed to curtail the condensation. Still having one or two slight guiding problems causing the stars to look slightly elongated and focusing could be better but I'm still on that learning curve that just keeps going. LOL

.....Brian.....

Object, NGC891 Outer Limits Galaxy.

Subs, 4x300sec @ iso 800, 6x600sec @iso 800

Image scope LXD55 SN10 on an EQ-6 Pro

Guide scope ED80-Pro and Toucam Pro

Camera Canon 350d + Neodymium LP filter

Stacked with Maxim dl

Proc with PS CS2 and Noel's actions

2716_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Object, NGC4565 Needle Galaxy.

Subs, 12x300sec @ iso 800

Stacked with Maxim dl

2717_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Object, M51 Whirlpool Galaxy

Subs, 3x300sec @ iso 1600, 2x360sec @ iso 1600

Stacked with Maxim dl

2718_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

PS Please note no de-icer was used in the making of these images

:icon_jokercolor:

That is a hat trick worthy of a wembley cup final Brian. If there was such an event for imaging.

Your patience and faith paid off big time there my friend. Three superb galactic wonders in one night.

You deserve a medal for fortitude, stickability, and downright perseverence. Plus loads of skill. :salute:

Ron. :icon_jokercolor:

Archived