Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

DoctorD

What is this near M27?

Looks like it could be interesting if it were revisited with an IR pass filter.

James

Hi Mike

Looks like that's the answer - very bright in IR compared to the surrounding stars.

I'll have ago with/without IR filter when I get a chance.

It was fun whilst it lasted :)

Clear Skies

Paul

Hi Mike

Looks like that's the answer - very bright in IR compared to the surrounding stars.

I'll have ago with/without IR filter when I get a chance.

It was fun whilst it lasted :)

Clear Skies

Paul

Hi Paul,

It sounds about right, but I did have a Skywatcher LPR filter in place which is IR blocking.

Happy imaging,

A.G

Very interesting thread. If i only had another guide camera, i would have really loved to do some long exposures of those stars with my IR-pass filter. Assuming that would even work, of course.

Just for fun i checked my M27 pic from 9. august, and the 2 red stars as far as i can see don't look too different. The one bloated in the first post here, is only slightly larger in my pic, and slightly more red.

When zooming in real good it doesn't look quite as nice and round as the otehr stars though, but as i think i missed a tiny bit on teh focus i'm guessing that's just an effect of anotehr star very close to it?

I'll for sure have another look at my full res pic when i get home. Pherhaps do a restack with 3x drizzle at that area, just out of curiosity.

It's for reason like this that i try to keep all of my raw image files, even if i think "i'll never use them again, it turned out very bad" there and then.. :)

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=99228

Edited by Jannis

My unfiltered pic from Aug 1 :police: God - do I have fun with the crazy image orientation on this forum :eek:

post-21003-0-34650800-1376647364_thumb.j

Edited by nytecam

My unfiltered pic from Aug 1 :police:

Did you forget to attach it?

James

No :tongue:

Clearly just my imagination then :D

James

post-31009-0-49406200-1375219740_thumb.j

Hi, This was my first ever attempt of M27 on 30/07/13 and it's not there...

Hi, This was my first ever attempt of M27 on 30/07/13 and it's not there...

Nice first image of M27 - a close crop around M27 would be helpful from presumably a DSLR shot with plenty of pixels to spare. The variable star's an IR emitter and its absence may be due to the IR block filter normal in DSLRs to preserve good colour balance in 'normal' photography :cool: Edited by nytecam

ps: you DO have the variable star - just - as below extracted from your pic :police:

post-21003-0-35858400-1377158678_thumb.j