Banner.jpg.692da9ed9af2eace53e1dc94cfc0e912.jpg

Final Cocoon(s).

ollypenrice

Back with more Cocoon. This is now mainly ODK14 but I couldn't get the colour right so used the old TEC image mainly to defne the palette, though there is still some TEC in there.

Both scope images are with Yves. There's much more outer shell now, thanks to 11x15 minutes blue in the 14 inch.

COCOON%20ODK%20TEC%20WEB-XL.jpg

Bigger; http://ollypenrice.s... TEC WEB-X3.jpg

And then I went back to Registar a whiff of the new stuff onto an old widefield from his His Holiness the Baby Q. :grin:

WIDE%20COCOON%20WEB-XL.jpg

Olly

• Like 12

Holy Moly Olly, that is stunning. I love the first image, the detail is super, star colour to die for. But the best one is for me the wide field. The data blends in seamlessly with the data from that 'awful' Baby Q. What a terrible scope that was to produce data like that - I pity the poor person you fobbed that off to :smiley:

Great Olly, The blue envelope is stunning. I'm imaging the same between the clouds now. But where is promised Ha?

Mark

This does have Ha from the TEC but the Ha from the ODK (18x30 mins) did nothing whatever and couldn't make itself heard above the red. The ODK/H36 is not a photon grabber in Ha. It would be nice to bin the Ha but the camera won't bin successfully.

Holy Moly Olly, that is stunning. I love the first image, the detail is super, star colour to die for. But the best one is for me the wide field. The data blends in seamlessly with the data from that 'awful' Baby Q. What a terrible scope that was to produce data like that - I pity the poor person you fobbed that off to :smiley:

There's one born every minute, Sara, as witness the fact that I sold it!!! I must get after Fabian Neyer's Ha sometime in the FSQ, if he left any behind...

Olly

Fantastic image Olly. I love the colours and like the spikes, it really makes it sparkle :)

He's winding me up! :grin: Actually I do like these. What I don't like are widerfields full of them and also dotted with square stars.

Er... can dots be square?

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
  • Like 1

He's winding me up! :grin:

Guilty as charged :evil:

Actually I do like these. What I don't like are widerfields full of them and also dotted with square stars.

I completely agree with you there :)

• Like 1

Stunning images Olly. Normally this looks far too red but you've produced a wonderfully detailed and subtle close-up and then to cap things merged it into a wide field - superb - a master at work