Literally early bird white light - 14/08/2013

Luke

I surprised myself this morning by being organised for once, and was ready to image the sun the second it cleared the tree. I even had a table outside with telescope bits and bobs neatly placed, so no rushing off to fetch an adapter I'd forgotten. :smiley:

gallery_2875_2627_293932.jpg

gallery_2875_2627_34503.jpg

Being ready was not without its hazards, as birds apparently like trees and kept flapping around the tree, getting in the way of the sun!

I also grabbed some hydrogen alpha, and you can see one of the birds on this quick shot. Or is it an X-wing fighter? :grin:

gallery_2875_2627_186047.jpg

---

14/08/2013

White light: ED80 / Baader Herschel Wedge / Grasshopper 3 (ICX687)

H-a: SolarMax 60 / Grasshopper 3 (ICX687)

Proof that the early bird (or X-wing) does indeed get the worm. Nice white light pics Luke. I was up early this morning to get the sun in Ha, there was dark cloud coming across before the sun had cleared the trees and it started raining whilst taking the dog for a walk. By the time the blue came across the sun I was already on my way to work.

My solar scope is in the boot of my car just in case it clears at work.

Robin

Thanks, folks :smiley:

Robin, any luck with the scope at work? I caught a lucky clear patch at lunch with the single stack scope you gave us a heads up on, the prom you can see at about 3pm in my h-a image above was pretty impressive. :cool:

James, sounds like you had a good eve, were there still plenty of meteors about? I was a bit too tired from the eve before.

No luck here Luke. Quite a bit of blue came across, but always with high cloud and now it is overcast, so no chance for anything more today.

I have to make some dimensional measurements on my night time set up, that's about all the astro activities I will get done today.

Robin

James, sounds like you had a good eve, were there still plenty of meteors about? I was a bit too tired from the eve before.

Loads. It was a much better night than Monday to be honest, as it was very cloudy here on Monday. I saw some quite spectacular ones last night, and managed to finish the evening off with a quick peek at Mars with the bins.

James

Loads. It was a much better night than Monday to be honest, as it was very cloudy here on Monday. I saw some quite spectacular ones last night, and managed to finish the evening off with a quick peek at Mars with the bins.

James

Glad you got a good night :smiley: We were lucky Monday night, not much cloud about our way and we finished off with a few quick views through a dob of some wide targets like M31. Not seen Jupiter yet this season, or Mars, will be great to see them again :laugh:

No luck here Luke. Quite a bit of blue came across, but always with high cloud and now it is overcast, so no chance for anything more today.

I have to make some dimensional measurements on my night time set up, that's about all the astro activities I will get done today.

Robin

Fully clouded out here this eve, I was hoping to sneak in some shots on the moon. Wonder if that prom will be even more interesting in the next day or two - I didn't notice so much going on on the other side, but on Gong:

http://halpha.nso.ed...814193654Bh.jpg

20130814193954Bh.jpg

Archived