Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I managed to get one

Oh yes - It's a bit even for a meteor, isn't it! :icon_redface:

Hi Andy you are not the only one who has put doubt in my mind....I was thinking the same ....however I did see it come down and it has a slight greenish hue to it....but the other thing that was bothering me was some of the meteors I saw and thought I might of captured didn't show up but they were not as bright....so for now I'm going to stick with its a Perseid .

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Peter - I don't think there's any doubt at all that "the big one" is a Perseid... It certainly looks like all the pictures say it should! It was the faint 2nd one I thought I saw that I was referring to as being a bit even... I really should have recognised it as I see enough of the little blighters buzzing through whatever I'm trying to image!

Hi Peter - I don't think there's any doubt at all that "the big one" is a Perseid... It certainly looks like all the pictures say it should! It was the faint 2nd one I thought I saw that I was referring to as being a bit even... I really should have recognised it as I see enough of the little blighters buzzing through whatever I'm trying to image!

Oh yes...sorry I was being a bit thick Andy... the faint one above is a sat trail, very even no mistake

how can that be a plane going in that direction?

That is a plane for sure the reason it looks like its traveling that direction pure line of sight ...... you can even see the navigation lights blipping at equal intervals and I know that a meteor definitely doesn't change direction...

Archived