SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ISS display tonigh

Scosmico

I saw this too as it passed overhead in Reading 23:03 to 23:05 ish I thought.

I managed to catch it with the 10x50 bins and was sure I could make out more of a shape than usual, but maybe that's just wishful thinking / my mind seeing what I've seen in pictures because that's what it expects.

What do you think, could it be seen as anything other than a bright spot with 10x50s?

Saw it last night too. It was a clear and dark night here and the ISS was very bright indeed. It looked like it turned a redish colour just before it disappeared. Probably the best time that I have spotted it.

My 11 year old and I were meteor watching and I noticed the ISS coming over, and echo the comments above regarding the brightness and the rapid dimming just pass the zenith and redish coloration - one of the best passes I've seen for ages.

Was a pure fluke for me, I was out about 2 minutes before that and just noticed how clear it was (I had been watrching a movie with the wife up to that point!)

Best view of it I've seen too. I had a pair of 10x50 bins as well but to be honest mine were cheap and nasty Celestron Upclose bins I need ot get rid of and replace. They are only ever in focus in the centre 10% and the view deteriorates quickly from that point to the edge where they are just awful (realised this during the day for bird watching).

Even with my shaky view I could only see a bright spot up to zenith but after zenith I could actually see some more detail. I think I might have seen a rough shape or the solar panels/body. Might just have been phantom memory/wishful thinking view though.

The one at 9.30 was amazingly bright and extended. The later one was good and dimmed to red at the end but a late pass last week (wednesday night I think) finished slightly higher but had a much more extended red phase ...

Has to be to do with relative sun/observer position at the dimming phase of the pass.

AndyG

I saw it also, my first sighting (although naked eye). Actually didn't know what i was looking at until reading this, couldn't be happier or amazed, to top it off i also saw a couple of Meteor's. what a great night, going to bed with a smile on my face after a stressful day at work :grin:

Archived