Narrowband

Neq6 stiff altitude

Daniel-K

sweet thanks scott! is there just one bolt?

No daniel, there aer three allen "grub" screws (I think they're 2.5mm). Under the other side is the "bolt" that is the axis for altitude (that sounds confusing)

this is what I did..... after removing the cover with the altitude scale, there are three grub screws (they're quite obvious) I only had to loosen each of these about 5-10 degrees. just do small adjustments and MAKE SURE that the alt bolts aren't too loose or it could drop quickly when you loosen the grub srews. let me know if you need to know anything else :)

• 2 years later...

For those who don't want to risk breaking the lat. scale disc, this following technique also works. By gently prising back the lat. scale near to the 'zero' marking I was able to see that one of the three clamping grubb screws was directly in line with the 'zero'. That is, the top grubb screw is at 12o'clock.   I estimated how far 'in' this screw was from the edge of the lat. scale disc, then drilled through the lat.scale disc at that point. Bingo! The other two are at 120º to this first hole. The distance in from the edge of the latitude disc is (14 ± 0.5)mm. I first drilled small (3mm or so) holes, then enlarged each to about 6mm. It is easy to slacken the grubb screws, tighten up (just nipped) and pop 3 rubber grommets into the holes. No broken disc, no need to make a cover plate. 

Archived