SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Notilucent Clouds and Aurora (time lapse).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Gordon and don't be so modest, your picture made "Picture of the month" on Sky At Night few month ago, any of mine never even get published there, so your APOD is only matter of time I think :).

In my case it was down to having my camera and being in the right place at the right time when an auroral display burst into life. Your productions involve much more planning and dedication, and certainly see a lot more time, effort and skill put in during processing afterwards. I strive to improve, and much inspiration comes from viewing the fantastic images of yours and others on this forum. Keep up the good work - I'm already looking forward to the next movie clip.

Thank you again guys.

In my case it was down to having my camera and being in the right place at the right time ...

So it was in my case, photography is about being in right place at the right time, technical skills can only improve quality of final product but they are not enough only for themselves.

I love time-lapse photography, particularly cloud scenes. The OP's video is stunning.

I also like Andrew*'s comment's above. How could something so beautiful and ethereal not be the harbinger of something quite momentous?

An incredible and truly stunning sequence Maciek. Perhaps some luck, but I suspect an incredible amount of preparation, patience and determination in getting this equipment out in to the wilderness to capture against such a beautiful setting. Well deserving of the credits on APOD, Sky and BBC news - have you considered offering it to the Scottish Tourist Board?

Archived