SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first M27

Jannis

Finally got my new QHY5L-II mono cam for guiding, and gave it a test yesterday. 5 min exposures no problem, so took 21 of them. Just for fun, i tried with a 20 min exp also, and it came out perfect. Now i know it works at least, and i couldn't be more happy! :)

I find that it still got a lot more details in it, and i could fine-adjust the colors a lot more - but only gave it a very quick go in PS with curves and levels for now, nothing else at all. :)

21x 300s exposures @ ISO 800 - CMOS temp 27c.

10x darks.

Stacked in DSS with 2x drizzle, median cappa-sigma clipping.

post-9520-0-11944200-1376137735_thumb.pn

Played a bit with it to see if i could get out some more of the red colors in it. Don't know if it maybe looks a bit overcoocked now though.

Guess i'll just need a lot more data from my unmodded camera, and a night where it's actually dark before i can make it look natural.

Just hope it doesn't look Too horrible as i did the reprocessing on my laptop with a rather poor display. >_<

post-9520-0-72076200-1376177730_thumb.pn

Thanks. :)

Do you mean to reduce the amount of stars my pherhaps making the background a bit darker, or just making the larger and brighter stars slightly smaller and dimmer?

I was tempted to do either of those two, but i found the stars to be looking quite natural like this without clipping it too heavily - though i agree it drags the attention away from the M27 with the many, and strong stars. hmm..

I will probably give this another go a little later in the year when it's darker outside, as it's never really "astro" dark here yet. I have a little less then 2 hours of "amature" darkness though, acording to Astro Panel.

I'm hoping the extra darkness will help to drag out some more details.

I select my stars and use minimum then fade minimum in PS you can then reduce opacity as well as levels to adjust the star field. If you want a detailed in down of this method just pm and I will write it out for you -_-

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't really notice that right away, but you're absolutely right, i can see soem very faint nebulosity around it too.

I didn't think i'd be able to capture any of that at all wich such little time, and not even a dark sky. Can't wait to give it a good few hours exposure later in teh season when it gets really dark at night. :)

lol I try not to worry about that too much so long as it works then that's fine by me.

Its a great method for pulling out the dusty nebulosity you can do it a couple of times and just fade the opacity if its too strong and that block method is cool for adding saturation, I like to keep a note book and when I find a useful method it all gets written down in great detail or I would just forget it.

I'm currently posting some more tutorials up on my utube channel boodlewoodle, mainly so that I will never forget them again but if they help others that's a bonus. Hoping to get out there and do some imaging next week so practising hard to make sure I can remember everything. WHY do cats rub against your leg at 3 in the morning and scare the living day lights out of you when your imaging in the back garden! :eek:

Archived