Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1396 Widefield with Atik and 85mm lens

jnc71106

Friday nights result from the New Forest with my Atik and 85mm lens, running the lens at F/4 gives a much better result over the whole field. I'm really enjoying doing widefield with this setup

i went with short subs to start with because it looked like we might get clouded out but someone was smiling on us as it all vanished as the night set in leaving us with a stunning view of the milky way so i upped the subs to 15 mins

9 x 5 min

14 x 15 min

9478728402_8ae14a6cbf_z.jpg

IC1396 Widefield by Tokoloshe81, on Flickr

That's lovely :) What make lens is that? I've just bought a Jupiter-9 f2 85mm lens and was hoping to try it last night but the clouds beat me.

hi gina i'm using a Samyang 85mm f/1.4 i've tried it at f/2.8 and f/2 and while f/2.8 wasn't bad the corners weren't perfect and f/2 was just plain bad all over :) . i focus on a star at one of the 1/3 lines as recommended to me by Olly when i bought the lens off him which does give better focus across the whole field. I'm eyeing up the 135mm Canon L lens now :)

Nicley done Jake, it sure as a lot of depth to it,

I would imagin the dark site helped as well,

well done,

Paul.

thanks paul having a dark sky site fairly close is a real bonus

Stunning.

thank you,

i've had a little fiddle again to bring out a bit more nebulosity

9476569173_ceba480d5f_z.jpg

V2 by Tokoloshe81, on Flickr

Archived