Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Night time fear

At least you have a garden, lol!!!

I have to do my observing from a car park outside my flat, with the neighbours (or assume they are neighbours!) coming in & out. I get music from the pub next door for company, along with the odd drunk popping into the car park to urinate...! If I want to get away from such distractions or lights I have to take my telescope (by foot in a wheeled suitcase, I don't drive...) to the nearest field, which takes over half hour to walk to.

If I get even more addicted than I am now I will have to consider moving to somewhere either with a garden or with a convenient viewing spot closer to home...! :grin:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most people consider me to be far too weird to bother... one person i saw when i was out with my scope actually said i seemed like the type that would sink my fangs into their neck lololol

i took this as a compliment  :grin:

must be this long black hair and trench coat....

Humans are apex predators, everything else out there knows it.

It's the lions, tigers, hyenas, bears and polar bears you need to be careful of!  Apart from that, I think we're pretty safe here in the UK ;)

But yes it can get a bit unnerving being outside in the pitch black on your own, I know the feeling. As a society we've not had to deal with such conditions for must be ages now, so I guess we've become a little bit very wimpy since we started living in caves above ground.

I remember being in the garden one night with a couple of friends having a fag and hearing a car pull up in the street behind, then followed by the sound of a car door slamming and someone saying bye. We then heard the car manoeuvring in the street and then it driving off... Next we heard a trumpet, but not your regular trumpet, oh no. A trouser trumpet. I can remember the pained expression on my friends face as he tried his hardest not to laugh. That was it for me - I laughed. A lot.

Had a bit of a brown trouser moment the other week when an apple fell out of the tree behind me and bounced off a metal garden chair. Surprising how loud it was considering they are like half the size of a store bought apple. Ive moved the chair now but i still jump when they fall. Never seen one fall during the day, im sure the wait for me to get the scope out :)

Other than that, just the local fox visiting. But she is ok. I fed her and her cubs over the summer and they used to play / sunbathe in the garden so we are pretty used to each other now. It was funny though, i'd moved the scope over to the back of the garden to look at the moon one night, and she came over and sat across from me, like waiting her turn.

So now when i get that feeling of being watched... its cos i usually am :)

Archived