Banner.jpg.692da9ed9af2eace53e1dc94cfc0e912.jpg

A quick ring

earth titan

Starting to have fun now the darker(ish) nights are coming on.

A quick ring from last night:

The resolution of the 314 means it can't be zoomed in any further, but I kinda like the fact that it floats in the middle of a huge sky cos thats what it looks like through the eyepiece.

post-6511-0-99662700-1375993620_thumb.pn

• Like 1

hey Tom that looks great have you tried doing x2 drizzle in DSS to make it bigger?

Thanks Danny.

Not using DSS any more. Using PI now, as it does a much better job of image alignment and sizing, which is vital now I've moved to RGB CCD.

• Like 1

Don't want to hijack the thread, but how did you scale up the image in PS?

I'd be interested to know as well? Do you mean you cropped the image to make the ring bigger or there a way of improving the resolution (i.e. blockyness).

Cos if I zoom in too much, it goes like this (you need to zoom in on the image or look at it full screen to see the pixelation:

post-6511-0-34122200-1376039120_thumb.pn

Edited by earth titan

There are 2 diff. ways, resizing and scaling, on my Ring, I used scaling: With PS CS2, it goes like this:

Edit > Transform > Scale, then you'll get points around the image to grab on w/ your mouse, and "drag the pic." apart. There is a point in the middle, which serves to keep the scaled pic in proportion (this point moves in the direction you're dragging the pic, to keep dimensions, drag it the opposite way, to bring the point back to the initial position). You may have to unlock (double click on the lock icon to the right, where your layers palette is) a layer if the Transform is grayed out. If you run out of space, you may want to crop the pic. a bit, making sdure not to scale it up too much (there is another solution I think to keep things sharp, but I'm not a PS expert myself (yet). I have 2 somewhat scaled up versions of the Ring and M63 *along w/ their smaller versions), in my 2nd album.