Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Gear

Astro Imp

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the analogy that Sir Patrick Moore used to use likening eyepieces to gears in a car. A car with 1 or 2 gears is somewhat limited but with 4, 5 or more it becomes much more useful :smiley:

I'm not quite sure that my "cars" need 10 gears but I'm a bit of an occularholic :rolleyes2:

I like the analogy that Sir Patrick Moore used to use likening eyepieces to gears in a car. A car with 1 or 2 gears is somewhat limited but with 4, 5 or more it becomes much more useful :smiley:

I'm not quite sure that my "cars" need 10 gears but I'm a bit of an occularholic :rolleyes2:

Perhaps I can liken mine to bicycle gears - that way I'm covered for my next 6 eyepieces (taking me up to 21 eyepieces! plus one barlow and diagonal, so in a way it would be 23...)

I really need to sell some...

Well, it's not that uncommon for cars to have as many as seven gears these days, and you don't swap the gearbox over if you want to use a different car, do you? :)

James

I think thats a bit to technical for women John, we should stick to the TV analogy :laugh: I was explaining some technical data results to my Mrs last night and she got a headache, so now she knows man talk is no good for her and its best she doesn't get involved :shocked:

I think thats a bit to technical for women John, we should stick to the TV analogy :laugh: I was explaining some technical data results to my Mrs last night and she got a headache, so now she knows man talk is no good for her and its best she doesn't get involved :shocked:

My wife just said "does this guy wanna live, surprised he hasnt got an axe in his head. but I suppose we women should just stick to cleaning and cooking, what we know best." :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Archived