Narrowband

lx90 motors

Ianstraton

I have an LX90 with a burned out motor. I have managed to remove the motor assembly but unfortunately there are no markings on it to indicate part number or any specifications of the motor. I called Telescope house but their service department is closed for the next two weeks so... Does anyone have any information about these motors? Does it actually matter what motor is in there? There appears to be an optical position monitor as part of the assembly so would this correct for any variance in performance of a replacement motor?

Try one of the Meade Yahoo groups, all American but nice people, probably won't get much help here , I think the "S" in "SGL" stands for Skywatcher :)

Dave

I think you will find its synta we quite like celestron

To the op sorry I can't help

I have an LX90 with a burned out motor. I have managed to remove the motor assembly but unfortunately there are no markings on it to indicate part number or any specifications of the motor. I called Telescope house but their service department is closed for the next two weeks so... Does anyone have any information about these motors? Does it actually matter what motor is in there? There appears to be an optical position monitor as part of the assembly so would this correct for any variance in performance of a replacement motor?

As it's an american company, you might have luck talking on the relevant forum for the US also known as CloudyNights.com there is an ETX discussion group. I have found them generally to be as friendly and welcoming as SGL.

Good luck,

Chris

Archived