Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sketch: Palomar 11

Roel

During my latest trip to the island of La Palma my observations suffered from a pretty bad hazy sky, caused by dust from the Sahara desert high up in the atmosphere. Even from the highest peaks the sky was covered in a dusty mist for days. The Milky Way was just as bright as from my standard observing site in the Netherlands. Not quite what I was expecting... However, I managed to find this elusive globular in Aquila, mostly because of it being situated higher in the sky. It was pretty hard to spot, even with my 300mm f/4 Dobsonian (Sumerian Optics Alkaid), but after some minutes of searching with averted vision I spotted "something" on the correct location. More concentrated viewing once located made the cluster more and more apparent.I made the sketch using a 8mm LVW (150x)

Palomar 11, Mirador de los Andenes, 4 aug. 2013, 02.00u - 02.30u, 300mm f/4, 8mm LVW

North is up, West is to the right.

6012914-Schets_Palomar11_20130804_MiradorLosAndenes_200-300_300mmf4_8LVW_600px.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived